Out of your depth? In an impossible situation? Can’t see a way through?
I am non-judgemental, a sensitive listener and I’ve always been intent on helping people overcome their issues. Meeting me will give you time and space to think and be heard so you can make sense of what is going on. I will help you explore what is it that you want to change and I will encourage you to do it in a way that resonates with you. I will help you to see what’s working for you and support you in making improvements that will positively impact your child.
I understand what you are going through as I witnessed this illness within my close family. This can happen in any family. I still remember feeling like a failure, being very distressed, hopeless and unsupported. I also know how valuable it was when I found the right sort of help and was able to switch my focus from “Why this did happened?” to “What can we do now?” and “No matter what it takes we will get through this!”.
I have worked with parents in your situation and coached them through these troubled times to be there and to help their child with their recovery. From this experience I have learnt that:
When you look after yourself, you can be fully available to care for your loved one in the most effective way and provide a true comfort.
- When you are in a positive frame of mind, when you are heard and understood, you will develop the best coping strategies.
- Parents and carers are vital as they are an enormous resource. When you have the right coping strategies, this will have an impact on you, your loved one and your family. Taking action is essential.
- Being a parent of a young person with a an eating disorder, is extremely frightening and it’s VITAL for you to ask for help too.
- Life is 5% what happens to us and 95% how we respond.
The day I discovered my daughter was struggling with bulimia, my life changed. I didn’t believe it could happen to my daughter as she was very well loved and cared for. I went through a brief period of denial. I was doing my best (the best that I knew then) and things were not changing. I was constantly worried. Feeling like a failure and alone, things got even worse and I was feeling desperate…until one day when someone suggested that “I” should get some support too, not just my daughter. Feeling a little unsure I eventually gave it a go wondering if it was OK (now I know it was CRUCIAL!). Instead of feeling alone and guilty I was encouraged to look at things differently by a coach who wasn’t judgmental. Learning some new tools and strategies made me feel more empowered and confident. I learned to rediscover my strengths and used them to my advantage. Coaching has changed my life for the better, it accelerated up my daughter’s recovery and it gave me confidence and resilience to cope with life’s challenges.
(The name has been changed.)
Working with me will help you:
- Stay strong
- Communicate better with your child and so improve your relationship
- Unite with your partner and create a home environment that supports and accelerates your child’s recovery
- Give you tools and strategies to help your child towards recovery
- Have strength, time and motivation to deal with daily issues
- Keep positive and have JOY in life
- Have time to care for yourself too
- Let go of guilt
Apply for your free consultation to find a way how best to help them.
“Discussing deep personal issues with a stranger is not for the faint hearted but it has given me more hope than I have had for several years.I have seen a shift in several situations in my life and intend to continue to be proactive in the way Silvia coached me so doggedly yet sensitively.” Julia
eating disorders, eating disorder, anorexia, bulimia, ednos, teenagers, support for parents, children and teenagers, difficult teenagers